Topic: June 21st 2007 Meeting

The location and time is posted in our Linux News section.

During the meeting we can interact with remote members in our IRC channel at #luna at  Feel free to stop by the channel anytime as well.
If you don't have access to an IRC client then you can use the web based Java client

Scheduled for the third Thursday (21st) of June at 6:30pm.

The topic is currently open. If you have any presentation ideas or would like to give a presentation please post here.

This meeting is also going to be open for discussion regarding our meeting time and location.  It has been brought to my attention that the time is limiting some people's ability to attend.  We will be taking some time during this meeting to discuss changes to our group.  The floor will be open to current attenders and those wanting to attend.  If you are unable to attend this meeting please post your suggestions prior to the start of the meeting and we will add them to the vote.

Re: June 21st 2007 Meeting

I would like to suggest that we move the location to USGS as an experiment.

The hold back I have from your request is that you are moving away and as I remember do not have authority to hold our event there on your own accord.  If I am wrong please correct me.  Also what kind of experiment would this be?  I would like us to consider a more permanent meeting location rather than making a move just for an experiment.  Either way as long as you have authority to hold our meetings at USGS we can place it in the consideration.  I think those of us taking the vote would be much more comfortable if you clarified what was being tested.

So far it looks like you and I Shane.  Have you heard any yeses from anyone else?

We had another no show this meeting again.  Kyle was planning on giving a presentation on backups and automation of backups but came under the weather just before the meeting.  Since we did not have any attendance other than myself we did not vote on time and location so it will remain unchanged until next meeting.