Topic: Welcome - Say hi and introduce yourself

Feel free to let us know about you and/or say hi.

Re: Welcome - Say hi and introduce yourself

Hello,
          All I am new to Linux and wish to learn more about it. I work in an IT shop that does a lot of MS OS stuff. I am just looking for a change and I enjoy the command line. The command Line I believe is where the Rubber meets the road.>>>>>

Last edited by jason09028 (2007-07-03 14:04:08)

Welcome to our group jason09028.  It is true that the command line offers more power.  Linux in general offer more options and control over your environment than any other OS.  I hope you stick around and get involved with LUNA.  Feel free to ask questions via forums, email or IRC.

The command line does have lots of power. I unfortunately have to continue using Windows in my life, so I have added the command line to my Windows machines using Cygwin www.cygwin.com

Also don't forget about those Virtual Machines if you have enough RAM.  VMware and MS Virtual PC both run Linux well and are free.  I actually prefer running Linux in MS Virtual PC because it just feels more rebellious.

Hello, I am Student1. I am new to LInux but catching on very well. Again hello to all.

Welcome student1.  We hope to see you around here some.  What distro(s) are you currently using?

I am running Windows with Office. I am learning about Linux OS. Very interesting and want to perform an install soon.

Hello, I've joined a while back and never really visited the forums. My name is Randy and I'm just about finished with school, thanks to Shane and some other awesome instructors at College America. Anyway, I've always been interested in Linux and have messed with live CDs for over a year now but never really used Linux consistently. Today, I have a Laptop running Ubuntu and I love it! I have fun messing around with the Terminal and I also like the fact that you have more control with Linux. Hope to learn more, and hope to get to know some of you! Well, that's my geeky side in a nutshell! Don't be afraid to say hello! Talk to you all soon!

Hello, I haven't ever posted -- and I joined a while back.
Moving to Flagstaff in August, really looking forward to it -- I used to live there in 1992.
Not really a n00b to Linux ( running Linux since 97 ), but I learn things that are hidden everyday.

I hope I can contribute something to the forum, and look forward to speaking with you all.

Jeff

Hello my name is Lauren. I'm from Austin. Glad to be here and looking forward to meeting y'all!  online pokies australia

smileHi!,I am chab and love to be a part.smilesmile

I'm Tonia, a student at NAU who lives in Flagstaff.  I'm running Ubuntu 11.04 on a Toshiba laptop that originally came with Windows Vista (which, of course, explains why I ran into the arms of Linux wink).  I've experimented with OpenSUSE and Mandriva.  For now, Ubuntu's the one for me.

Are the IRC meetings still going on?  What is the "channel" that I'm asked to supply in order to log into Freenode?  Did you turn to IRC because no one was interesting in meeting face to face?
That's enough with the questions for now.

--Tonia